Wednesday 25 November 2009

Wait for something wild.

I'm always living in the hope that one day I'll be back at the stage where weekends have meaning, day to night is important, and I can remember what day it is because they won't all be the same thing.

I've forgotten what it's like to be a person of the outside world, or reality for that matter, because let's face it, I'm not living in the real world, this is a completely parallel universe to the everyday slug. People crave the weekend, the days off, the holidays - I crave the harsh reality of getting up in the morning and getting ready to do something purposeful, productive, something with actual relevance.

At the moment I don't have that, I have dreams of other lives that will never be and ideas that'll never become reality, and I've got to wonder why. Why am I still living? There has to be a purpose to life, else why would we be here, human existence can't be pointless, so why would my existence be any different, I mean, last time I checked I was human to.

What am I on this earth to do?
Why haven't I found it yet?

Who knows how many years I'll be here, but I know that somewhere along the line I'll have to have done something that matters. Or maybe that's just hope, a pipe dream of mine that has long been embedded into my mind, one day I'll matter, that's what I'm always thinking - well actually it's more like "I wish that one day, I will matter". I don't even mean in the fashion that I'll be remembered, or famous, I just want to have done something that lives on and matters after I go. Even now I'm writing, and for what? It's not like anyone will actually be too bothered, I mean sure it might be interesting to read, but nobody needs an insight into my mind, I'm not of importance. I can bet that this will be read on here, facebook, tumblr, whatever, and then once read it'll be tossed aside and never thought of again, maybe with a thought of how much shit I chat and how I should probably just buck the fuck up and get over it.

I'm not saying I'm alone, I know there are others that write like this, thinking the same thoughts, but still we all feel alone. It's a strange situation.

I often think, what do we do with our dreams? Do we just let them pass us by and be a typical faceless employee, wishing that (s)he followed their dreams instead of working a dead end job just to survive, or do we follow them, in the hope they'll come true, and most likely end up as someone who's wasted their whole life chasing a false reality. Either way it's the cliché - but I suppose it's only give then cliché tag because it's so common - and nobody wants to end up that way. We all want to be the unlikely one that has their dream come true, but we have to make a decision which has risks on both sides, and it's a hard decision to make, because one leads to disappointment, and the other leads to a possibility of a wasted life coupled with shattered dreams.

No comments:

Post a Comment